- Do Salamba Sarvangasana I.
- Keep the left leg up in Sarvangasana. Exhale and move the right leg down to the floor to Halasana. It should remain stiff and straight and not bend at the knee.
- While resting the right leg on the floor, the left knee should be kept taut and not allowed to tilt sideways. The left leg should be kept straight, facing the head.
- Stay in the pose for 20 seconds maintaining normal breathing.
- Exhale, lift the right leg back to Sarvangasana, and then move the left leg down to the floor in Halasana, keeping the right leg vertically up and stiff. Lifting the leg from the floor back to Sarvangasana exercises the abdominal organs more than if one brings both legs down to Halasana.
- Stay on this side for the same length of time.
Effects of Eka Pada Sarvangasana
Eka Pada Sarvangasana tones the kidneys and the leg muscles.
This article is presented to you by Abhyasa Yoga, Hyderabad. At Abhyasa you can learn and practice Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. Interested students may apply for Yoga Teacher Training Course at our Yoga Institute. Contact +91 9292403492, +91 40 64641292 for yoga classes and more details.