Padanguli Naman (toe bending)
- Sit in the base position with the legs outstretched and the feet slightly apart.
- Place the hands beside and slightly behind the buttocks.
- Lean back a little, using the arms to support the back.
- Keep the spine as straight as possible.
- Be aware of the toes.
- Move the toes of both feet slowly backward and forward, keeping the feet upright and the ankles relaxed and motionless.
- Hold each position for a few seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Inhale as the toes move backward.
- Exhale as the toes move forward.
On the breath, mental counting and the stretching sensation produced by the movement.