- Sit on the floor with the legs straight and together.
- Keep the eyes open.
- Imagine that there is a rope hanging in front of the body.
- Breathe in while reaching up with the right hand as though to grasp the rope at a higher point.
- Keep the elbow straight..
- Look upward.
- While breathing out, slowly pull the right arm down, putting power into it as though pulling the rope downwards.
- Let the eyes follow the downward movement of the hand.
- Repeat with the left hand and arm to complete the first round.
- Both arms do not move at the same time.
- Practice 5 to 10 rounds.
Inhale while raising the arm. Exhale while lowering the arm.
On the breath, movement and stretch of the upper back and shoulder muscles.
This asana loosens the shoulder joints and stretches the upper back muscles. It firms the breast and develops the muscles of the chest.